Links of Value
am very careful about recommending other sites. First of all, I do not
want to list them and find out later that the link is not functional any longer.
Secondly, I only want to send you where I think you will find valuable
information. All websites below I liked at one point. Send me a note if you discover a problem.
In no particular order:
LowImpact.org - Low-Impact Living Initiative (LILI) is a non-profit organisation whose
mission is to help people reduce their impact on the environment,
improve their quality of life, gain new skills, live in a healthier and
more satisfying way, have fun and save money. British.
- Great video series. Making sound decisions based on
reasonable risk-management and critical evaluation of available scientific data.
New American Dream
- Helping Americans to resist excessive commercialism and consume
wisely to protect the environment, improve quality of life, and enhance
David Suzuki Foundation
- Working to find ways for society to live in balance with the natural
world that sustains us. Solving - Protecting - Conserving - Promoting -
The 11th Hour Action Site
- Take action, contact the experts, challenges, teaching resources,
downloads, and more related to the film "The 11th Hour", featureing
scientists, thinkers and leaders who discuss the most important issues
that face our planet and people.
- Environmental news, advice, cartoons, a blog, and more that'll make
you laugh out loud. Very informed people blogging and commenting there.
Highly recommended if you want good answers.
Control The Change
- What we can do about controlling climate change in our homes,
technology and the actions government must take to fix it. Personal
(by National Public Radio) - Their hand-picked environmental
professionals are on the hunt for "greenwash" as they examine
eco-friendly claims by companies, governments and other groups.
No Impact Man
- A guilty liberal finally snaps, swears off plastic, goes organic,
becomes a bicycle nut, turns off his power, composts his poop, and
while living in New York City, generally turns into a tree-hugging
lunatic who tries to save the polar bears and the rest of the planet
from environmental catastrophe while dragging his baby daughter and
prada-wearing, four seasons-loving wife along for the ride.
Inspired Protagonist - Promoting corporate social responsibility and business ethics. Blog managed by 7th Generations.
- Partial to a modern aesthetic, it shares sustainable design, green
news and solutions. Discuss anything that is related to the
environment. News, advice, and a blog.
Mother Earth News
- The Original Guide to Living Wisely. Features and articles covering
sustainable, self-reliant living. Topics include building, gardening,
homesteading, do-it-yourself, kitchen, living on less, alternative
energy, kit homes, etc.